HOW TO REVERSE NEW UPDATE TO CITY STORY

Go down

HOW TO REVERSE NEW UPDATE TO CITY STORY

Post  ParkField on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 am

Like many of you, I just hated the new update to City Story. It kept crashing, was slow and cities were hard to clean. Everything had changed for the worse. So if you preferred the old version (version 1.04), this is how you reverse the update:

1. Delete the new updated version from your iphone or ipad. (Don't worry, it will not delete any of your data such as your level or coins/XP earnt so far - this is stored on TeamLava's server). Your profile remains intact.

2. Assuming you have not already synced your device (iphone or ipad) since the new update on your computer you should still have the old version of City Story on your computer. If you don't and have been wise to create a back up then just simply restore the old version from your back up into your Itunes Library (remembering of course to delete the new version of City Story from your Itunes LIbrary first).

3. Once you know for sure that your have the old version in your iTunes Library, just simply sync your iphone or ipad to your computer. ITunes will automatically restore the old version to your device.

4. Enjoy the game again with the old version on your device.

POINTS TO REMEMBER

If you purchased any of the new buildings such as the museum or new office block or tex mex restaurant, these will no longer appear in the old version of the game. So be warned.

I hope the above helps but if you need clarification or assistance drop me a PM.

Pete

ParkField

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HOW TO REVERSE NEW UPDATE TO CITY STORY

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:11 am

Excellent!

This is what we call "sharing" spirit!

Thanks a lot for your sharing!

P.S. - What if the old version is no longer in the Computer? Any other way to downgrade with others people copy?

Cheers!
Admin

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://cssc.24d24.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ParkField on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

If you no longer have the old version you can download a copy into your iTunes Library. The file is quite large around 20mb but Im sure I can zip it and send it to anyone that may need it.

Pete

ParkField

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Problems with Reversing Update

Post  ParkField on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 am

Utopia has highlighted a problem.

If you have synced your iphone after updating it to your computer then the new version will also be on your computer. The only way you can reverse the update in these circumstances is if you have previously backed up the old version to an external hard drive.

Those of you that regularly back up your PC/Mac computer will be OK. All you need to do is to reinstall the old version from your back up.

Unfortunately, and this is the problem that Utopia has highlighted, some one else's old version of City Story will not work for you as this will be registered to them only.

ParkField

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neverneverland on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:27 am

that is the problem with me. stuck with the new version. i think it serve me right for not syn my iphone with the computer. what if we deleted cs from the iphone and go to someone else computer to get the old cs? will it not work as well? Sad Sad

Neverneverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ParkField on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:53 am

If you deleted your version from the iphone and synced with someone else's computer you run the risk of losing all your stored data. As the version you would be syncing to on someone else's computer would not be registered to you.

To be honest, I am not sure if this would work and would hate for you to try it out only for you to lose all your hard earned data.

ParkField

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ecity on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:42 pm

ParkField wrote:If you deleted your version from the iphone and synced with someone else's computer you run the risk of losing all your stored data. As the version you would be syncing to on someone else's computer would not be registered to you.

To be honest, I am not sure if this would work and would hate for you to try it out only for you to lose all your hard earned data.

Actually I read that the city story data is stored in team lava's servers not the app or your iphone/iPod/iPad so any story game you have started will alwase be on that device witch is why it is impossible to restart the game So basically if you are using the same device your data will alwase be there

ecity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It works or not

Post  IJzerbroot on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Onderbroekstad is running on my old version.
However tried the same trick with another neighbor and he could not get the old version in his iTunes.
There is no relation between your PC or Mac and your city. The only link is your device. To be more precise the UDID of your device.

IJzerbroot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum