CityStory SuperClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED

+10
Woolooloo
DaVille
NotSoWicked
Fledt City
shellyville
ecity
Big town
ParkField
Neverneverland
Admin
14 posters

Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED

Post  Admin Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:49 am

Dear Members of CSSC Dynamic Ranking List,

As per request of some members that are using the new version of CS without reversing possibility, and to offset the discrepancies between the old and new version, a New Ranking Criteria will be applied on 16th of April 2001.

This New Ranking Criteria will abide the following:

* - * The Ratio between Population with XP MUST BE 1:5.
That is, 1 population or more against 5 XP.

Example 1: If you have 500,000 XP achieved you must have 100,000 population;
Example 2: If you have 1,000,000 XP achieved you must have 200,000 population;
Example 3: If you have 5,000,000 XP achieved you must have 1,000,000 population.

The achieved XP is NOT figured in the Profile but on your main screen. Since reaching Level 97 is 10,000,000 XP in total, the XP figured in your Profile will be deducted.

Example 1: Your Profile shows 8,700,500 XP to next level, so your achieved XP would be:
10,000,000 XP - 8,700,500 = 1,299,500 XP then your population must figure at least 259,900

Example 2: Your Profile shows 5,500,800 XP to next level, so your achieved XP would be:
10,000,000 XP - 5,500,800 = 4,499,200 XP then your population must figure at least 899,840.

However, if your ratio is out of the above, then the higher the ratio the higher the ranking.

In other words, the Ranking will be based on the above Ratio criteria but if the Ratio is even then the XP achieved will rank higher.

Before this New Ranking Criteria is implemented, I would like to hear feedbacks from any of the listed members, and if over 50% of the members are against this new Criteria, the present criteria will remain.

Therefore, any objection on this New Ranking Criteria must be posted here with his name and his respective Storm8 ID to be accounted.

Non listed members posting will be deleted immediately.

Cheers!
Admin

Last edited by Admin on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

http://cssc.24d24.com

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty I am with you either way

Post  Neverneverland Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:27 am

I am currently on the new version but i do not mind which method you use for ranking. Although i wanted to get to Level 97, i want to enjoy the game the way it is. I like my city the way i want it to be. I do not want to change it just for the sake of a higher ranking. You are doing a great job creating this site and I am with you whichever ranking system you deem fair.

Neverneverland

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty New Ranking

Post  Melbourn Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:50 am

I am now on the new version, but I'm really not bothered either way the list is ranked. I'm just happy to have made it this far!

Melbourn

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty I dont like the new way

Post  J Russel Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:59 am

I dont like the new critiria. I Think the game is about a City not a patteren of certain buildings. Build Your City as you like it the Best, and dont let ranking be the factor for the looks. I wont change my City look for better ranking. I like it the way i build it.

Btw my full cityname is J Russelville, there was not room enogh i top Line

J Russel

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty whatever admin wants to do. i dont care. thx

Post  belltown Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:19 am

Rolling Eyes

belltown

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty Re: NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED

Post  ParkField Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:31 am

I agree with J Russel Ville. You should not be forced to change the way you built your city just because of a ranking system. Keep the present system. That way you don't risk alienating forum members by forcing them to change their city structure just to get a better ranking.

It's not all about population statistics. We are all part of City Story because we like creating cities and this should not be based on how much population you can achieve.

This new criteria, in my humble opinion, is not a good idea and should be scrapped.

Oh, and before anyone says anything, i do have a population of over a million in my City so the new ranking criteria would be to my advantage but I just don't think it is fair.

ParkField

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty Re: NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED

Post  Big town Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:15 pm

At first I was all for it. But after reading J Russle and Park Field I tend to agree with them.

Personaly I like population and that was and still is my goal.

So what if there is a separate ranking list for just population?
No math involved.

Big town

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty Good idea

Post  ecity Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:23 pm

I like the idea and don't see any problem with it just something to add if you could add in the happiness because that way would be totally unfair if someone level 96 with 1,243,678 XP had 2 million people and yet those 2million people they only had 5,000 happyness so they were not happy at all they would basically be at the top but the person just blew all there money on residences so really I think it should be a 3 way ratio XP to residences to happyness so it is nice and fair

I don't see why people don't like your new ranking setup that you want to put out it could prove the people that have really all around worked hard in the game so in the original ranking list someon could have 3 million XP to go but yet they only have 30,000 people because they spent all ther coins on the XP trick so the new way would balance it out and have someone that has alot of people, happiness(if you add that) ,and XP be at the top

So really it's a pretty good idea

ecity

Back to top Go down

Post  shellyville Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:50 pm

I do not like this system of ranking. I feel like it forces you to build your city in a certain way, and everyone is different Surprised
shellyville
shellyville

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty Calculations

Post  Fledt City Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

I did some calculations in excel and I figure out that your Total XP is equal to the residents you
can have and still are happy (because you also have to buy Business)
(the key of happyness is 1.5 by 1 mil residents you must have 1.5 mil happyness.)
So the new rules aren't that bad.
Fledt City
Fledt City

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty Hard choice but nay here

Post  NotSoWicked Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:57 am

At first thought I was ready to say yes but after reading some great valid points I will say nay to the new system. Mainly because it would dictate how I make my city if I choose to participate. I enjoy the game because of the freedom of making my own city. The new system would hinder that if I was to stay competitive.

The current one has its cons but doesn't hinder one on how they design their city. As for those using old version vs. new, it doesn't bother me.

Hopefully another alternative can be found that wouldn't dampen the designer in me? tongue

My ID is NotSoWicked, 8: Wickedshot

NotSoWicked

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty New Ranking Criteria-- No

Post  DaVille Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:57 am

I say no to the New Ranking Criteria. My thoughts are the same as stated above by JRussel, ParkField and others.

DaVille

Back to top Go down

Post  Woolooloo Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:18 am

I say no. I use my buildings to draw pictures. Often times, I use all business buildings with only 1 house. My population fluctuates wildly. Currently it's 440 population, even though I'm on level 96!!

Woolooloo

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty No.

Post  kalista Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:00 pm

I say no too. I agree with J Russel Ville & ParkField Shocked I like my city, and don't want to change it. Population for me..is not important..

kalista

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty I agree

Post  PRISHTIN Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:00 pm

I don't understand all, but i believe in +MACAU+, so i accept.
Bye and thanks for all your work.

PRISHTINA
Storm8ID: Apple69

PRISHTIN

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty BELTON

Post  bridie Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi
I would just like to say I think you are doing a fantastic job with the forum. I don't mind either way the ranking is done. I will keep plodding along with the game regardless which way the ranking goes.

Keep up the good work you are doing

BRIDIE[b]

bridie

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty NO NO NO

Post  maadjssa Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:20 pm

I disagree with this new criteria for the following reasons :
1) to difficult to understand even for me, i don't catch the counting,
2) the way the cities are growing got no impact on the xp level since the beginning and i don't think that is the purpose to give,
3) this would lead to unwanted discuss bertween the players and would lead to useless argues.

For all these reasons i think it's better to keep the only criteria of the xp number.

maadjssa

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty No, No, No Idesagree with the new criteria

Post  adrienland Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 pm

[list][*]By adrienland April the 13 th

Yesterday i worote a post on this section without being logged and appeared as a guest so i try one more time being log this time

I put down there one more time my feed back plus some more i would like to add :

I disagree with this new criteria for the following reasons :
1) to difficult to understand even for me, i don't catch the counting,
2) the way the cities are growing got no impact on the xp level since the beginning and i don't think that is the purpose to give,
3) this would lead to unwanted discuss between the players and would lead to useless argues.

For all these reasons i think it's better to keep the only criteria of the xp number..

I would like to add this more lines :

4) The limit of cs game seems to be around 19 060 000 people maximum if no more expansion are avalaible,
It's quite much but it is the limit maximum, as i dod not understand the ratio how many xp point would that make ?
How will be charge and how many xp would be in less if under the ratio?
How would be taken the fact that the population is happy or not? Would there be another ratio?
I think that the idea is to complicate, for anybody.
As you know there is a problem with the 98 level i don't think that would be more wise to change the way of ranking list for that other reason.

5) Last point i also think that would lead players to leave their cities they build with their heart to a run of unlimited populations expansions and at the end will lead to an standardization which would be rather regrettable.

This is not a criticism, but just my point of view.....

As i told you before you did, you do and hope you will still do great job, and i won't charge you in any case.

adrienland

Back to top Go down

NEW RANKING CRITERIA - FEEDBACK IS NEEDED Empty agree with ecity

Post  remedy Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 am

Id say no to the new way unless the happiness is figured in also. But like everyone else it doesnt matter to me either way you do it ill support it and keep on playing just like i have been, for the fun of it. Your call on this one Mac lol.
remedy
remedy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum